Sunday, July 5, 2015

You Shall Not Pass!

This post isn't going to be scientific. It's not going to be about some revelation I had, or about my new-found interest in racial social justice. It's basically just going to be me whining about things.

I'm blocked. I have three or four different projects going on right now and I can't seem to move forward on any of them.

I tried to read up on radiative transfer modeling, but just ended up staring at my computer screen for an hour before I fell asleep.  I tried to work on some coding, but couldn't get my fingers to type anything. I tried to start work on my thesis and my mind was a total blank; no words would come to it.  It's like there's a little Gandalf inside my brain stopping me from moving anywhere.  I'm surprised I've been able to type anything in this blog post.

I guess all I can do is wait, because trying to force myself to produce results has already given me enough of a headache.

On the bright side, all of the sitting around I've done today gave me the chance to remember that I asked a riddle a few weeks ago, but never provided the answer like I promised I would. If any of you managed to solve it, congratulations!  I spent so long trying to figure it out before it drove me crazy and I had to ask my friend for the answer. If you didn't get it, don't feel bad. It's a doozy.  Anyway, here's the solution.  I know I asked about cubes, but cue balls work just as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment