Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Nemo me impune lacessit

So far this summer, this blog has been so serious!  If I didn't know anything about myself besides what I read in this blog, I would think I was really boring.  So this post is a story of something utterly ridiculous that happened to me last week.

A few of the other Banneker students and I were watching Game of Thrones (one of them had never watched it before!) when we heard a strange noise coming through the window. After a few minutes, we realized it was someone playing the bagpipes!  Like, seriously, who expects to hear someone casually playing the bagpipes on a Wednesday night? Not us, so we got pretty excited about it.

The sound stopped, and we still couldn't figure out where it was coming from, so we went back to watching GoT. Fifteen minutes later, it started up again.  This time, we were determined to find the source of the music. 

Ana, one of the other Banneker students, and I ran downstairs to the courtyard (I was in such a hurry to find this bagpiper that I didn't even put on shoes), where we saw another student yelling up at a window.  Breathless, Ana looked at him and screamed "Are you looking for the bagpipes, too?!?!"  He just stared at us, so we ran away. 

We walked around our dorm, trying to figure out where the bagpiper could possibly be hiding, and then we heard it again. We ran back to the courtyard and there he was.  Just walking around.  Playing the bagpipes like that's something everyone does on a Wednesday evening in a college dorm courtyard.  It was the same guy Ana had yelled at minutes earlier.  He looked at us and said "You found him."

Obviously, Ana and I needed a way to document this adventure, so she asked if we could take a selfie with him.  He looked confused, but said yes.


We left him, telling him that he should definitely keep playing.  I'm pretty sure he thought we were insane, but, I mean, we weren't the ones playing bagpipes for everyone in the dorm to hear.

He was playing again today.  We didn't run down to see him, but we sat and listened to his song. 

I still have no idea what it's supposed to be.  

No comments:

Post a Comment